This is for anyone who’s getting ready to go off to college. Hope this advice makes you feel a little bit better about the transition!
1. DO NOT PROCRASTINATE. The majority of your workload will be assigned around the middle of the semester. If you get assignments before then don’t put it off!
2. ASK QUESTIONS. Professors love to answer questions! They’re the ones who will be grading your work so you should run ideas by them.
3. BRING YOUR COLLEGE ID EVERYWHERE. Bring your college ID with you everywhere. You might need to use it to get around campus, but also for places off campus. A lot of places give college students discounts. Whether it’s for food, entertainment, clothes,etc. Even when buying a laptop you can get a student discount! So make sure you ask!
4. GET TO KNOW YOUR ADVISOR. Everyone has an advisor. Their job is to make sure you’re on track and you like your major. They give the best advice and are really trying to help you.
5. APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS. No matter your financial situation make sure you apply for scholarships. That’s less money you have to pay for out of pocket. I wish I would have applied for more scholarships when I was in high school.
-I’m Not A Writer, I’m Just Trying to Save Money on Buying A Diary-